We build local and national networks to address issues of birth and reproductive justice. We engage with national organizations, their leadership, and their membership to strengthen and expand their reproductive justice work. We organize consumers around legislative and policy issues that impact the lives of Colorado families.
We have worked with people & organizations including:
- Midwives Alliance of North America
- Forward Together
- Colorado Organization for Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights
- Colorado Birth Center Coalition
- Human Rights in Childbirth
- Denver Health Doula Project
- Incarcerated Survivors Initiating Social Change
- Colorado Coalition to Protect Children and Family Rights
We have worked on campaigns to:
- Eliminate the shackling of incarcerated people during labor and birth.
- Maintain access to direct-entry midwives
- Prevent the elimination of out-of-hospital VBAC
- Increase access and equity in the profession of midwifery
- Oppose dangerous state intervention in the lives of people who have a family member involved in substance use or abuse.